Thesis Statement for Essay #2

As technology advances, we as consumers are turning the world of entertainment into a desolate waste of space, sapping the meaning out of works of art that were so well created for our enjoyment.

This entry was posted in GSW topics. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Thesis Statement for Essay #2

1. mgrohow says:

Jesse, I think what you have written is beautiful and I hope it can be included in your essay, I am just not sure that it will be your thesis statement. Here’s why: what works of art are you going to focus on? You’ll want to share that information in a thesis statement. And what do you mean by “so well created” (which I think is wordy and could be revised) I don’t know what you mean? How is an album “so well created” versus an album being created with intention and attention to design. Think about a recent album you bought (physical) that gave you excitement. Think about the physical act of opening it up and looking at the art work on it. And then think about how that is all lost in a digital download of the same album; yes, you’ll need to acknowledge that a digital download comes with art work, liner notes, sometimes added perks, but you think there’s something lost and you need to capitalize on what is lost in order to advance your position.