Happy Spring Break!

By , March 4, 2010 9:54 am

I know that many of you really have hectic lives, so I hope you’re able to take full advantage of Spring Break.

Once you’ve submitted your proposal to Assignments, I encourage you to take some well-deserved time off from GSW 1120. I work you pretty hard, I know, but it’s all in the interest of making you better writers, and I hope you’re already seeing improvements in how you compose essays (I know I have).

Expect a revised syllabus once we reconvene on the 15th. I have every intention of giving you more once-a-week due dates, and you can expect to spend the bulk of your time to be spent on writing writing writing. There’s a lot of points left to be earned in MSE2 and RE, and I hope you know I’m here to help you maximize your potential and your grade. Don’t be afraid to reach out.

Are any of you doing anything cool for break? If so, I’d love to learn what–post a comment below. Melissa and I are headed to Chicago this weekend to visit friends (we’re having an Oscar party in our hotel) and eat at good restaurants (don’t worry, we’ve been scrimping and saving for a while). I’d love to try out the latest culinary fad, molecular gastronomy, at Alinea while we’re there, but it’s probably too much money to put down for a steak that looks like Swedish fish. More likely is Rick Bayless’ Topolobampo, which is gourmet Mexican. Dude can cook.

Anyway, email me if you have any questions, and by all means, Happy Spring Break!

One thought on “Happy Spring Break!

1. isaac
    9:26 pm - 3-4-2010

Steve that sounds like a sweet break. I have always wanted some molecular gastronomy, but a lot of it looks like foam. The frozen things look sweet though. I am going to a cabin in hawking hills for a few days which will be a nice break.