For those curious about what new titles have been recently acquired for Education, a link is available to browse those titles. Each title is then linked to its record for easy requesting/availability status. This is a quick way to keep up with what is new for Education majors,graduate students, and faculty. It updates automatically, so check back often.
* You are viewing the archive for January, 2012
World language teachers and BGSU students who read German will enjoy these new titles. Fashionvictims, Trendverächter : Bildkolumnen und Minireportagen aus Berlin , Bupo Schoch – Operation “Roter Zipfel”, Der Exlibris , and Liebe schaut weg
1. Students are more motivated to read when the reading tasks and activities are relevant to their lives.
2. Students are more motivated to read when they have access to a wide range of reading materials.
3. Students are more motivated to read when they have ample opportunities to engage in sustained reading.
4. Students are more motivated to read when they have opportunities to make choices abourt what they …
when you come whiling by,
to tickle me with snowflakes
drifting softly from the sky.
I do not even mind you
when you nibble at my skin,
scrambling over all of me
attempting to get in.
But when you bowl me over
and I land on my behind,
then I must tell you, winter Wind,
I mind…I really mind!
Prelutsky, Jack. (1984). It’s Snowing! It’s Snowing! New York: Greenwillow Books.
It may be called Spring Semester, but January in Ohio is most definitely winter. In honor of this season of ice and snow this week I’m sharing some poetry from Jack Prelutsky’s book It’s Snowing! It’s Snowing!. This title is found at JUV 811.54 P92is.
Winter signs are everywhere,
the winter winds are nipping,
winter snow is in my hair,
my winter nose is dripping.