Turning your snow day into that of production, with Cleaning.

March 28, 2011

Don’t let this…………..

Stop you from  this…

What is a sneaning day you ask? Why, it is a snow turned into cleaning day of course.

It was the first snow day of the year, and I was surprised to wake up to sunny skies and zero snowfall. What to do often runs through the mind of many college students. Entering the (what feels like) negative degree weather was out of the question.

“Today is a cleaning day” I proclaimed to my tired roommates who just wanted to rest.

“Spring cleaning on a snow day?!” my roommate proclaimed.

As I thought about it it struck me as somewhat of an oxymoron, but I decided to roll with it anyway.

Although my roommates are not much of clean freaks, I directed them to this blog.…and then began to tell them that these are all reasons that can be overcome with a positive attitude.

• Music
  • Enthusiasm
  • Sunshine
  • Snacks

…were all a must to start this positive attitude thing. We began our process and really got into the nooks and crannies of our apartment, EW. The things that you find in a college apartment when really looking, not pretty. This just gave us more of an incentive to continue our streak.

I thought back to my public relations campaign while on my cleaning spree, and remembered that our main focus was to sell a cleaning product, seems so fitting. I whipped out my new JAWS (Just Add Water System) and began spraying away, it worked miracles.

The next time we looked at the clock 4 hours had passed. We were getting to the final stages, i.e. vacuuming and rearranging the furniture. We showered (which was a definite must) and decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner, after all, it was well deserved.

Not only were we productive in that we didn’t waste our snow day being lazy, but we had an apartment that practically looked brand-spanken-new, and bonded as roommates, all while practicing our singing skills.

And that, my friends, is how you turn a snow day into a Sneaning Day.

Entry Filed under: Snow Day. Posted in  Snow Day .