7 Sep 2011

The Many Talents of Matt Donahue

Author: Matthew Nye | Filed under: About Us, Black Swamp Arts Festival, Student Contributor

From Toledo City Paper

The Black Swamp Arts Festival has attracted many people over the years, but one man has done almost a bit of everything at the festival. Matt Donahue, pop culture professor here at BG has many skills that led him into the arts festival.

He has served on the music board one year and assisting on bringing the reggae band John Brown’s Body to the festival.

“I was also asked to deejay the event playing music before the headliner and most recently playing with my band Mad 45,” Donahue said. “I was also a part of a group of street photographers called the Gang of 35 and we just took photos everything having to do with the festival.”

There are many things to enjoy at the arts festival this year. With over 60,000 people showing up last year, this year will be up in numbers. There are over 100 juried fine art displays from artists across the country.

He said the variety of artists and music the festival brings to the people are just great.

“I have always had a blast at the festival,” Donahue said. “I’ve never had a bad experience with being a performer or spectator, I just hate it when I have to miss it some years.”

For More on Donahue go here: Mad 45