1. Concept Statement 1: Would that which we call a rose by any other name REALLY still smell as sweet?
Premise 1: A mislabeled newly-budded flower in a public garden is ashamed of the horrible name given to it. It imagines it must be an ugly weed. It ends up deciding to stand tall and be the best flower it can be anyway, then after a watering the gardener fixes the error and it sees its beauty reflected in a puddle.
2. Concept Statement 2: Everybody is good for something.
Premise 2: A lonely paperclip is passed up because he is bent, while the straight paperclips around him are selected for useful service, until one day he is picked up, bent into a heart, and put on display.
3. Concept Statement 3: Sometimes we all need a little help.
Premise 3: A pencil is trying on his own to produce great artwork, but having little success. Then he is picked up by the hand of an artist and used to create a beautiful work.
4. Concept Statement 4: You can’t stop the inevitable.
Premise 4: A grain of sand in an hourglass sees the fall approaching and becomes nervous. When he reaches the neck of the glass he tries to hold on to keep from falling, but he loses his grip. He falls on the pile of sand and we see him pressed against the glass as others pile on top of him. He sighs in resignation.
5. Concept Statement 5: Change isn’t always so bad.
Premise 5: An ice cube afraid of melting finally does, and finds he can do so much more as water.
6. Concept Statement 6: You can’t always get what you want.
Premise 6: A banana wants to be a wizard, but he can’t, because he is only a banana.