Well, I’m just about finished! I’ve done some printing, and inserted a transparent image of John Muir into the bills. This is to emulate the new polymer bank notes. I ended up printing on a cotton paper since I didn’t know what the polymer bank notes look or feel like in person, but I’m happy with the paper. In the end the images evolved from my own illustrations to photographs. This was because I could not get the desired effect of etching down and what I had was just not good enough to feel authentic. Even though they are photographs I feel that the effect comes across as most printed money has etching so good that they actually look like photographs.
Well all that is left is add my cut out shapes to the bill for the vision impaired and get some decent photographs.
I do have some process photos to look at but I still have to scan in the final versions after I finish.
Here are the photos!