It’s springtime! Almost..

Filed under: Introduction — aleshag at 5:53 pm on Sunday, February 20, 2011
Alesha eating a flower

Enjoying my new "plant-based diet"

The snow is melting, the light breeze is warm, and there are robins everywhere.  It’s spring!  Ok, so I spoke too soon, but as the weather gets warmer, my body begins to crave the return to good, simple, fresh food.

As a vegan, there are soo many options for healthy, delicious food.  There are recipes on websites, in books, restaurants to try…and the list goes on and on.  As we venture into March, my goal is to explore the return from strengthening winter sustenance to refreshing and satisfying spring vegan living.  You can look forward to:

• recipes,
  • exercise tips
  • ideas for making money and increasing your ability to think big
  • reviews of local restaurants
  • pictures of my own vegan cooking
  • history of veganism
  • current trends
  • ideas for places to shop and eat in Toledo that are vegan-friendly
  • cool products and web sites centered around being vegan

Socially, it’s easy being vegan, despite mainstream perception, because there are so many people who are changing their diet to include more fruits, veggies, legumes, etc and leaving animal byproducts out.  As for present vegans, many people are discussing the benefits of following a plant based diet, wondering if it’s possible to get all the nutrients important for a healthy life.

Basically, I want to share my experiences with vegan living to help people who are thinking about changing their lifestyle to include more variety and health in their diet, as well as give people opportunities to discuss ideas related to veganism and healthy living.   Hopefully, this blog will provide a forum to discuss and better understand what it is to be vegan.  Until then, live it up!

Header by: Diana Castro at Evergreen Elementary: http://foodsenseatevergreen.wordpress.com/