ACS faculty and students are investigating the many implications of big data and the digital humanities through a series of readings groups in Spring, 2013. The big event will be a week-long institute, May 13-17. The co-chairs are Drs. Ellen Berry (English and ACS) and Jolie Sheffer (English and ACS-affiliated). Other organizers are also closely tied to ACS: Drs. Kristine Blair, English; Radhika Gajjala, School of Communication Studies and ACS; Dena Eber, School of Art; Susana Peña, Director of the School of Cultural and Critical Studies, and Andy Schocket, ACS and History. See the website, designed by ACS Ph.D student Nicki Reamer.
- ACS M.A. Student Becky Jenkins Wins Bolton Johnson Scholarship
- ACS Ph.D Christina Gerken’s New Book: Model Immigrants and Undesirable Aliens
- New Book Edited by Andrew Hershberger
- Peace Has No Borders: ACS Ph.D alumnus, filmmaker Denis Mueller on campus
- Susana Peña’s New Book, “¡Oye Loca!: From the Mariel Boatlift to Gay Cuban Miami”