ACS faculty and students are investigating the many implications of big data and the digital humanities through a series of readings groups in Spring, 2013. The big event will be a week-long institute, May 13-17. The co-chairs are Drs. Ellen Berry (English and ACS) and Jolie Sheffer (English and ACS-affiliated). Other organizers are also closely tied to ACS: Drs. Kristine Blair, English; Radhika Gajjala, School of Communication Studies and ACS; Dena Eber, School of Art; Susana Peña, Director of the School of Cultural and Critical Studies, and Andy Schocket, ACS and History. See the website, designed by ACS Ph.D student Nicki Reamer.
- Chris Lezotte: ACS Ph.D, authority on women and cars
- Lunch with ACS Ph.D Joyce Barry: Standing Our Ground
- Getting Started with Digital Scholarly Publishing, Theses, and Dissertations: Scalar Workshop
- BGSU Conference: Electric Guitar in Popular Culture, March 27-28
- Schocket book dissects views on American Revolution