ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/PROGRAM DIRECTOR
UC Women’s Center
Division of Student Affairs
UNIVERSITY of CINCINNATI
Req ID: 9743
The Division of Student Affairs is seeking an Assistant Director for the Women’s Center.
Position Summary: Assist in the leadership of university-wide initiatives and direction of Women’s Center programs that contribute to identity and leadership development and the recruitment, retention, and graduation of women and women-identified students. Assist in the creation of an inclusive, equitable, and empowering learning environment for all students with a focus on gender and women’s interests.
1. Hire and supervise Program Coordinators, graduate and undergraduate student workers, interns, and volunteers. Includes but not limited to: developing work schedule, coordinating work load, evaluating work performance.
2. Develop and coordinate student internships (community and campus based) including curriculum and assessment of student learning in collaboration with campus and community partners.
3. Develop, implement, and evaluate student leadership programs that address student gender equity including the selection process, curriculum development, and learning outcomes.
4. Collaborate with Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (WGSS) faculty to develop, implement, and assess experiential-learning leadership programs such as WILL (Women in Leadership and Learning).
5. Collaborate with WGSS and Organizational Leadership faculty to develop curriculum and instruct three-credit hour experiential-learning course, WGS 2062 Women and Activism.
6. Develop budgets, monitor expenditures, and prepare periodic reports.
7. Contribute to development of funding proposals for internal and external audiences.
8. Assist in programming promotion and outreach through the web and social media, in-person presentations, and attendance at campus events and activities as appropriate.
9. Assist Director in staff development and team building.
10. Represent the Women’s Center on UC committees and at university meetings and events as appropriate.
11. Represent the Women’s Center, the Division of Student Affairs, and the University to community organizations and develop collaborations beneficial to students as appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years experience; -OR- Associate’s degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- seven (7) years related experience. Degree must be in a related field. Experience must be in administration of programs. Experience must include at least one (1) year supervision
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in a related field with three years experience in policy analysis, program development, higher education, evaluation and assessment. Excellent training and facilitation skills along with the ability to present complex and sensitive material clearly and convincingly, both orally and in writing. Experience should include at least 3 years of supervision. Knowledge of higher education, student development, leadership models, and intersectional feminist theory is important.
Position open until filled. Applications received by January 15th will be given first consideration. Submit cover letter, CV or resumé, and online application via Success Factors.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.